Friday, March 19, 2010

Updates

Sorry it's been a while. I think someone hit the fast-foward button on my life and the time slipped by before I had a chance to show you some snippets. So this post is an update post, complete with pictures and little captions.



The kids and I went to see Guignol et le Clown Chocolat in the center of Aubagne last week. It was basically a French version of Punch and Judy, complete with robbery, deceit, damsels in distress, and a stick to beat puppets' heads with. It was quite cute and I think Paul was the most excited out of all the kids there.

The second half of the show involved a unicycle, juggling, hoola-hooping, and a pooping goat. It was all great fun and we ate way too much sugar. It's been too long since I've had cotton candy.

The only strange thing was watching the eight year old girl, who I believe was the daughter of the people running the show, trying to be so adult. She took tickets and sold candy, all the while looking so serious despite the glittery makeup all over her face. Then the show started and you kept seeing the mom catch her attention and remind her how to stand and smile and look excited. It was pretty creepy watching her whole demeanor change so much in a split second. I want to know what she was really thinking.


We found this in a recent visit to the grocery store. Apparently they do eat horse in France. Ew!



While my car was being fixed, the garage loaned me this one. I dubbed it The Dinosaur. It's almost as old as me. And of course it's manual like the other one, but this thing took manual to a whole new level. For example, did you know that in older manual cars have a little thing called a starter (or as my dad later informed me, it's the choke)? I didn't until the man from the garage came all the way to my house where I was stranded with a car that wouldn't start and taught me what it was. That was embarrassing!



This little Rose popped up in our garden on St. Patrick's Day. Too cute!


Paul has discovered a desperate desire to do bike tricks in this skate park. Maybe when you're older kiddo.

Marie just has the desire to play in the dirt. That one I can let you do.



And finally, Hannah and I got our hair cut. I so love that hair salon. I wish my hair would grow faster so I could go back more often. In fact, I wish I'd gotten the bangs quite a bit shorter so maybe I'll be back sooner than I had planned.

So there you are, a photo summary of my past few weeks. Now I need to go finish the laundry. It's finally warm enough to wear short sleeves and hang the laundry outside. I'm so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment