Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter Eggs


I've realized that with the excitement of my family's visit, I forgot to blog about another fun and memorable experience that happened right before they got here.

Thanks to Betsy, the kids' au pair last year, we got to decorate Easter Eggs American style. In France, I learned that a bell flies over the land and drops chocolate eggs for the kids, instead of our Easter Bunny and baskets of candy. Although, Paul informed me that he knows that doesn't really happen as he launched into a story about how he discovered the truth. It was funny.


So, I went through a self-taught, crash course in hard-boiling eggs. A lot of eggs. Then we colored them. Then I hid them and subsequently forgot where I hid them. Once they were all found, the kids took turns hiding them and making me search. Marie is one good hider. And finder for that matter. Nothing got past her.

Overall, it was a success. I think I may have even enjoyed it more than the kids. I love Easter eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment