Friday, June 25, 2010

The Last Day of Alliance Francaise


Believe it or not, this particular Tuesday was the one I had been dreading since almost the beginning of the year. I know it's nerdy, but I was dreading the day I would be done at Alliance Francaise.

School has been my favorite thing about being here. Of course I loved working with the kids and travelling and all of that. That was all like the icing on the cake. But school is what I loved best.

Now, if Hannah was reading this right now (but she doesn't read my blog so we don't have to worry about that) she would be rolling her eyes at this point, the way she always does whenever I start gushing about school. But it's just true and I can't help it.

I love learning the intricacies of the French language. I love seeing the progress I've made throughout the year. I love my international friends, my teacher, the games, the grammar lessons, the movies, the lunch breaks at Paul, and even the building we were in. I love it all.

So Tuesday was the last day. We had so much fun that it made it that much harder to leave. In the morning we listened to music by Benjamin Biolay (le chanteur préféré de ma prof), played Taboo in French (my team won!), and went on a field trip to the African market of Noailles and the graffiti spattered streets of Cours Julien. Then we all ate lunch together, did the bisous, and said au revoir.

This was the second in the line of these unfortunate goodbyes. Leaving is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment