Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Barcelona: Part 3


Today's definitely been my favorite so far.  I started the day with a visit to Casa Mila (above), an apartment complex designed by Gaudi, the same guy who made the cathedral from yesterday's post.  This was even better.  He designed it so it wouldn't have any right angles.  The roof is the best part by far.  I have so many pics of the weird chimneys and Barcelona from above.




Then I went to the park he designed, Park Guell.  Also very beautiful but quite a hike to get there plus everyone and their mother was there today.  (It's a Spanish holiday so we got the tourists and locals.) 


The pic below is me at the park in a spot where they filmed a scene from L'Auberge Espagnol, one of the best movies of all time and the reason I wanted to come to Barca. I didn't even know it was there and I was so excited!!


This evening I got a recommendation from the hostel receptionist and went to a legit Spanish restaurant where I finally had some tapas (specifically seafood paella and asparagus) which satisfied the need for veggies that I've been lacking. 

Well, the computer is thwarting my plans to post more photos and I really need to go to bed.  5:30 wake up call in the morning!  Blah.  Then Marseille by the afternoon.  Hooray!!!

Never mind, fixed the picture thing.  Still need to go to bed though.


No comments:

Post a Comment