Monday, December 14, 2009

Une Fete Merveilleuse!


I love loving lovely days! Today was fantastic, fun, and full of friends and food.

We had our school Christmas party this morning and it made me so happy. We laughed so much that I still have a headache and my cheeks hurt but it was so worth it. We all sang together in seven different languages. We gleefully watched a sultry tango demonstration by two members of my class. We giggled through three fantastic skits. And we ate a lot of food.

I love being a part of this group of international students of all ages. I love the French teachers and faculty. I love that I can be my own version of me, rather than the version I've grown myself into all these years. I love that I can find some of my identity in being American. I love that I can hang out with other Americans and dress in red and green for Christmas parties and take cheesy Christmas pictures. And I love that we can all understand each other despite language barriers if we try.

And I really, really love Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment