Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tegan and Sara


Friday night was one of the best nights of my life! Valerie, Amy, Cristin, and I got to take a road trip to Raleigh, NC to see Tegan & Sara and Paramore in concert!! I'd been looking forward to this night for months and it absolutely did not disappoint.


It was fantastic to get to see my friends again after all this time of being away. We talked, laughed, ate gyros, sweated in the 105 degree heat, danced, and sang our lungs out. It was magnificent.

And of course the music was fantastic. This was the first night of the Honda Civic Tour and a Swedish band called Kadawatha was up first. Next was New Found Glory.


Then came Tegan & Sara, the reason I wanted to go to this concert. They were so great and I've never enjoyed a concert more than I enjoyed that. They're amazing musicians and so funny when they chat with the audience in between songs. I would've liked to hear more of their banter but they didn't get a really long time onstage. And they're incredibly tiny, which makes them sort of disappear up there if you don't stand on your tiptoes to see them. Haha.

Up last was Paramore. I know a few of their songs and I liked them but I've never been a huge fan. Now I kinda am. They are awesome performers and really energetic. Haley's voice is powerful for such a little person and two of the band did a backflip over each other. Craziness!

So, we had so much fun, we're going to go to another Tegan and Sara concert in August! This will be a smaller venue and it'll be just them so hopefully there will be tons of hilarious stories and sibling pestering (they're twins, by the way). I cannot wait! So be aware, in about a month, there will be another post full to the brim of excitement and exclamation points!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment