Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Zoo


"Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo. I do believe it, I do believe it's true."

I love Simon and Garfunkel. And I love the zoo.

I love sweating under the bamboo canopies, looking at elephants and pretending I'm really in Africa.

I love saying, Hey Mom, look at this! and seeing her cringe when she sees that I'm deviously pointing at a snake.

I love that I can get on my brother's nerves and boss him around all day and in the end he still loves me back.

I love that my dad only takes pictures of animals and flowers unless I do something stupid like get stuck on the back of a huge slippery bronze rhino. Then he takes a picture of me.

I love drifting from air vent to air vent in the aviary in an attempt to cool off while also blocking everyone's path.

And, did I mention I love the zoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment