Thursday, September 2, 2010

A Job!

I have a job!!! Finally!

You are now looking at (or reading, or whatever) the newest employee of the Roanoke Tanglewood Barnes and Noble.

My first day of work was Tuesday. Basically I had time to drive home from Tennessee, take a shower, get ready, and drive the 50 minutes to work.

It was a great first day, although I was just stuck in the back filling out paperwork and reading the manual with the other new employee and the assistant manager. We did this for four hours!

I had expected about an hour of paperwork so I wasn't too concerned about the fact that I was hungry before I went in. About two hours in, my sugar had dropped so low that I basically had tunnel vision and I was having trouble focusing on what I was being told. That made things a bit complicated, especially when everyone was in the breakroom eating wonderful-smelling grilled sandwiches from the cafe, but I got through it.

I'm so excited about this job (and the employee discount)! I have always loved Barnes and Noble and it's so cool finding out how it all works. My next day is Friday, when I'm going to learn how to work their search program and go on a scavenger hunt for books in the store. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment