Monday, February 1, 2010

Goodness


You know those occasional days you have where (almost) no matter what happens, you're still in a good mood? Today was that day for me.

I think it may have something to do with the fact that I used my time between school and work productively, like by practicing violin and putting away laundry instead of napping like usual.

I am unfailingly grouchy after sleep. It's just so hard to leave that happy dreamland where everything is as I want it and anxiety free. You know? But I digress...a lot.

Anyway, school was awesome, as usual. Don't even know why I bother putting that in anymore. Has there ever been a day when it wasn't awesome? No. It is my lifeline and I adore it. I'm such a nerd.

Then I got home and, as I said, I was productive. One big story of the day is the fact that our hot water is broken. That means no showers and no heat for the radiators. That also means that my semi-attic room is an icebox, along with the rest of the upstairs. So anyway, I tried to practice violin since I was feeling musical and so on. My fingers really wouldn't move. It was pretty disappointing. It was like trying to play with fingers splinted to popsicles. Not effective.

Then I got the kids. They were fantastic. All day. Miraculous day! We played piano for a long time, we sang, we read books, and we made cute little videos where Paul interviewed me and Marie.

He taught me how to play his new piano music and how to sing it. He's doing a great job with piano and he's really a superb little teacher. I'm not just saying that either. He really knew what he was doing and he really did teach me something I couldn't before do. I was totally impressed. The kid is only six years old.

Then Marie helped me make dinner. She set the table and even helped me stir the ravioli. And she wanted to smell everything.

While we were waiting for the pasta to boil, she and I had a little Cinderella dance in the middle of the kitchen. We waltzed for a while (I wasn't allowed to hum though)and then we spun around and around till we almost fell over. Well, she did fall over but it was ok.

So in the end, they both got full marks on their new points system I made. It's proving most effective and I'm soooo glad.

And finally, in reference to the picture above, the pool froze over. It is awesome. You have no idea how badly I wanted to try to walk on it. But I didn't because I didn't want to be a bad example and I didn't want to fall through and die. But we still had fun. It was like the ultimate skipping stones situation, but instead, we were slinging huge ice chunks and watching them explode and slide across the surface in a million pieces. Magical!

Oh yeah, and when Marie discovered my makeup on my desk, she had to play. She was cute in pink lipgloss but the best moment was when she tried to brush her hair with my eyebrow/eyelash brush thing. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment