Friday, August 21, 2009

A Bigger Suitcase


The time is upon us. I have 18 hours until I board the plane and fly off into the sunset, providing the weather is kind to me, unlike the last time I tried to fly anywhere.

I have been seriously freaking out for the last few days. I kept panicking about what to take and what's going to happen once I get there. Today, though, has been much more peaceful. I'm almost finished getting ready and this morning I watched Samantha Brown in Marseille that we taped from the Travel Chanel. It made me happy.

I crave the excitement that comes from stepping out into the unknown. It's one of the things in life that makes me feel alive. I realized today that I must even crave the freaking out that comes from it all. It's like my brother would say cheerfully (and obnoxiously) after our muscles were all sore from bike riding or hiking, "It's good for you. It lets you know you're alive." I suppose the upset stomach and sleepless, worried nights are similar to a lactic acid buildup. Hm, interesting theory.

Now I've written too long and need to get back to work. I'm confident everything will be ready for tomorrow, in preparation for my 20 hours of overall travel time, but until then, I've got to get in gear and make this thing happen!

P.S. At the top is a picture of everything I'm taking. I can't decide if it looks like way too much or "Are you crazy? I can't live off that stuff for a year!" I suppose I shouldn't be too worried. After all, they do have stores in France...nice ones...with pretty clothes =)

1 comment:

  1. once again, I enjoyed your blog. I missed one somehow so I'm all caught up now. I really enjoyed the "lactic acid buildup"...
    dad

    ReplyDelete