Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Happy Dance


This is just a short update. I'm in the process of cramming for a French placement exam for language school. I really want to cheat and sound smart but that would do me no good because then I'd be in way over my head when I got to school. I don't generally cheat (before you get the wrong impression) but I always tried to cheat on eye exams. Again, that did me no good. It just meant I couldn't see well out of my glasses. Wow, that was a tangent.

The point of this is, I got my visa in the mail today!!! *happy dance happy dance* I'm legal in France for a year starting August 22nd. Finally! I was getting so worried about it being approved and getting here on time that the past couple nights I've been having stress dreams about it. I always seem to have a group of people with me and we're searching everywhere for my passport with the visa glued in. One night I remember we were digging in the dirt and we found it under a tree. This morning, in my semi-consciousness, every time my alarm went off I looked at it and thought that I could reach into the face of the clock and pull out the visa. I was seriously disappointed when I tried and it didn't work.

Fortunately, I think those dreams have come to an end. Now I get to have crazy dreams about getting packed in time and missing the flight and fun stuff like that. I think, though, that the worst is over.

Now that that major stresser is resolved, I'm more excited than ever. The movie I just watched, L'auberge espagnole (see photo above), and its sequel may have helped. I definitely need to find awesome friends from all different countries while I'm over there. I plan to take full advantage of the multi-cultural situation that language school will present. I really hope I make French friends too. What better way to learn the real French language?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your Visa so you don't have to worry about that anymore...now on to the next worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog kaity!! i am definitely going to keep following it! so now you can add another follower to your list! have so much fun in france and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete