Sunday, November 8, 2009

Le concert


I know, second post in one day. Sorry, I can't help it. When stuff happens, it all happens at once.

This is also my second promotional post of the day. I've already urged the consumers of this blog to check out and love the music of Olivia Ruiz. Now I implore you to go see the movie "Le concert." It may be difficult for those of you who are stateside (i.e. most of my readers) because I assume that since it's a French movie, it may never hit your movie theaters, but if it does, watch it.

This movie is amazing, obviously, or I probably wouldn't be writing this post. Of course I like it. It's like it was made specifically for my interests. (That's not egocentric is it?) The film is in French and Russian, the two languages other than my own that I have strong interest in. It features one of my new favorite actresses, Melanie Laurent. It is about an orchestra playing Tchaikovsky (whom I love). It includes a brilliant violin solo. And it is amazing.

So basically, I'm telling you to watch it, whenever it becomes available for your viewing pleasure. For your sake, I hope the DVD comes with the option to watch it all with English subtitles. I watched it with French subtitles for the Russian bits (and for when the Russians tried to speak French) but when the real French people came on and started talking really fast, the subtitles were gone. It was sort of a mind boggling exercise in concentration. But it was worth it...because the film is fantastic...and funny...and sweet...and you should watch it...

No comments:

Post a Comment