Saturday, November 14, 2009

Meaningless Procrastination (I'm doing anything but homework)


I just got the urge to blog but I don't have anything specific to blog about. Hm...

Sometimes I freak out a little when I write these things. I try to be funny, or at least entertaining, but I find that is hard to be funny when you're trying to be funny.

I've also heard (quite recently and from a reliable source) that my blog is in fact scaring people and possibly alienating them with my usage of large words and stories of potentially dangerous incidents.

I would now like to state, for the record, that this blog is for entertainment purposes only. It is intended to keep friends and family up to date and serve as a journal for me to look back on.

(I gave up real journaling about a year ago due to lack of time as a result of beginning to do things actually worth writing about.)

I would also like to inform you that I do, in fact, use a thesaurus. I like big words and when I have time to sit in front of my computer for an hour writing these things, it's fun to pretend like I know cool stuff, like how to use "whithersoever" in a sentence, when in reality, I just found it on phrontistery.info.

(Although, since I went to school at CHA and am therefore quite familiar with the King James Version of the Bible, I do know that it is perfectly acceptable to begin a sentence with "Whithersoever thou goest..." See, I can use it in a phrase at least.)

You will be happy to know that I will have something much more interesting to write about after tomorrow as I am planning on going to Nimes with some friends. I know you really only want to read about my adventures in France, not my musings on words and blogging. No worries. Check back sometime in the next few days and hopefully I can make that happen for you.

Oh, and there is potentially a really exciting thing starting for me next week, but I won't say what until I know for sure. Until then, you can try guessing, if you even care...

*The pic is of the drawings Paul did for Halloween (which he spelled "Alouin", which here I suppose is phonetically correct). They are cute and maybe you will like this post better because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment